Northcote Purchased – The Group purchased its present headquarters at Northcote, a Victorian mansion in the West End of Glasgow; the ‘Boss’ Young Hall was added in 1964. In 1993, part of the main building was sold and the remainder was disposed of in 2003; the ‘Boss’ Young Hall has now been completely re-furbished at a cost of £125,000.
1947 – 1983
Members of the Group attend the World Jamborees.
1950s to the 1990s
Annual September Weekend hike along the Lairig Ghru from Deeside to Aviemore (42 miles).
The Cubs staged ‘ShowTime 1951’ in the Athenaeum Theatre, Glasgow.
Mrs MacLeod arrived as caretaker; she was awarded the Medal of Merit in 1987 and is still in post in 2003 – old boys quake in your boots!
Summer Camps at Gilwell, expeditions to Spain and Portugal.
Group’s Silver Jubilee dinner was held in Bute Hall, Glasgow University.
1967 Cub Pack (‘C’) see photo:
The Group hired a genuine coal-fired puffer (shades of the Vital Spark) and cruised between Oban and Tobermory.
Summer Camps at Pitlochry, Denmark, Crinan, Dunbar.
Group’s 75th Anniversary; Group Camp and summer camp in Luxembourg;
Summer Camp in the Lake District.
Presentation of awards by Sir Leslie Sharp, Chief Constable Strathclyde Police.
Group’s Ninetieth Anniversary dinner held in Hillhead Rugby Club.
Millennium Camp at Kelburne Castle.